Many people think they know how to brush their teeth well. Some may, but our doctors see quite a few patients who are brushing the completely wrong way! First and foremost, we highly recommend that you use a Sonicare tooth brush when brushing your teeth. This will solve most of your brushing problems. You also won’t have to floss! To use a Sonicare toothbrush you don’t have to push hard or fast. You simply guide it along the 4 quadrants of your mouth and each time it vibrates you switch to the next quadrant.
For those of you who don’t want to spend the money on a Sonicare, here are some brushing techniques that you should be using every morning and night:
- Brush your teeth for 120 second. That is right, 2 full minutes.
- Use a tooth brush with soft bristles. This was it won’t damage your gums.
- Use circle type motions rather than forceful back and forth motions.
- Spend just as much time brushing behind your teeth as you do in the front.
- For fresher breath always brush your tongue.
- Do some research and use toothpaste that is right for you. There is no right or wrong toothpaste.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3 months or when you begin to see it wear.
Brushing your teeth well on a regular basis will preserve them. It allows the enamel to stay strong and to continue to protect your pearly whites. Don’t be in a rush when you brush. Take 2 minutes in the morning and 2 minutes before you go to be to thoroughly clean your teeth. You will be glad you did when you go to the dentist and hear them say, “wow you really brush well.”
firstname.lastname@example.org December 19, 2015
Posted In: brushing