We told you in our about us page that this blog will discuss some fun topics and facts! Remember, we like to have fun too! Your mouth and teeth are actually quite amazing. There are some pretty mind blowing facts and statistics that we will be bringing to you in this post. With that said, we want to thank a dentist that is apart of our group who practices in British Columbia for providing us with the facts in this post!
Some Fun & Crazy Facts About Your Mouth & Teeth:
- Research and surveys indicate that 50% of people say the first thing the notice about someone is their smile and teeth.
- The hardest part of your entire body is the enamel on your teeth. Don’t believe us? Check out this article.
- Teeth are the only part of your body that can’t heal themselves.
- Over the course of the average person’s life span, they will spend 38 days brushing their teeth.
- A tooth that gets knocked out begins to die within 15 minutes (just some advice, shove it back in your gum as soon as you can).
- Mosquitos have approximately 45 teeth!
- Modern day toothpaste has only been around for 100 years. Gross!
- Tongue prints are just as unique as your finger prints. No two tongues are the same.
- The most common childhood disease is tooth decay.
- U.S. consumers buy over 14 million gallons of tooth paste every year (sorry www.lansdownedentists.com, we don’t keep track of Canadian consumer statistics, go America).
We hope you enjoyed some of these facts! We will be bringing more to you in the next week or so. Stay tuned in and have a great rest of your day! If you have any questions or concerns regarding your teeth or oral hygiene please email us! We would love to hear from you and help you. The Edgy Beautiful community wishes you the best.
firstname.lastname@example.org December 19, 2015
Posted In: Facts