Sometimes smiling can be very difficult to do and often feels forced. Other times it feels like all you can do is smile! Either way, no matter what, smiling is an extremely significant part of life and it is very important that you do it!
Here are a few reasons as to why you should smile each and every day:
1. Smiling can improve your mood. It is scientifically proven that smiling can make a person happier. Emotions may originate in the mind but the muscles in our body and face can reinforce, alter and transform those feelings. People’s moods often become congruent with the expression that they have on their face. So, even if you are grumpy as can be, force a smile and see what happens.
2. Smiling reduces stress levels. It actually takes less emotional stress and effort to smile than it does to frown or even keep a resting face. If you often find yourself overwhelmed simply smile and hold it.
3. Smiling makes you more approachable. Let’s face it. No one likes to walk up and talk to someone who has a frown on their face. People who smile and smile often attract more people and are much more likeable on first impression. This is extremely important. Don’t let your negative emotions get the best of you. Smile your heart out and see the people it impacts!
4. Smiling strengthens. It has been stated that smiling lots actually increases the bodies strength and efficiency on a cellular level. Cells can distinguish between happiness and sadness, safety and danger.
5. Smiles are contagious. When you see someone else smiling at you doesn’t it just make a part of you want to smile? We all contain something called mirror neurons. These kick in when we preform a particular action or witness one. When we see someone smile or when someone sees us smile, mirror neurons start doing their job and smiles start being passed along.
These are just a few simple reasons as to why you should smile. There are thousands and thousands more! Don’t miss out on smiling. If you aren’t confident in your smile reach out to us. We would love to hear from you.
email@example.com December 18, 2015
Posted In: Why Smile